HIU Service Engineer
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for HIU Servicing and reactive repair activities is correct and complete for each site.
- Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability, and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance to clients, and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting.
- Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Adopt Silver EMS Ltd HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company’s Management System. Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
- Servicing Hydraulic Interface Units to ensure the HIU is energy efficient and to minimise breakdowns until the next service interval.
- React to Hydraulic Interface Units to investigate the cause and effect and ensure a first time repair.
- Be versatile to support all Department works, Servicing HIUs and reacting to HIU breakdowns when needed. Support Energy Centre planned or reactive works.
- Ensure the Energy Centres are Safe, Clean and Painted ready for any client Visitation at any time.
You will also be required to actively take part in the callout / standby rota. A full UK driving licence and a flexible approach to working practices and hours is essential.
The ideal candidate will be well presented, organised and polite. This is a customer facing role, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
You will have a high level of technical knowledge and expertise on multiple types of HIUs and advance knowledge of District Heat networks. It will also be an advantage to have:
- Mechanical Biased with Electrical knowledge in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
- Understanding the cause and effects of inefficient HIU settings and to implement changes to the HIU delivery to ensure efficient use on demand that improves the District Network operations.
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems.
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.
The following Skills and Expertise will be advantageous:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and/or be qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Plumbing/HVAC with Electrical qualifications and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Servicing and fault diagnosing on Heat Interface Units.
- Electrical qualification to the latest Edition of BS 7671 that includes installing or modifying currently electrical controls.
- Willingness to study for relevant Industry qualifications is essential.
- Competitive salary (depending upon experience) + out of hours reactive calls
- The working week will be 37 hours.
- Company van
- Company Pension Scheme
- Sickness insurance
- Death in Service
- 24 days not including bank holidays
Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt. If you have not heard from us within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest in Silver EMS Ltd.
The company is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit. It is company policy that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, ethnic or national origins, political affiliations, religious beliefs, marital status, physical disability or is disadvantaged by unjustifiable conditions or requirements.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply.